The Private Financing Advisory Network is a global network of locally based climate and clean energy finance experts which offers free business coaching and investment facilitation to entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects in low and middle-income countries.
With a focus on clean energy and climate mitigation and adaptation, PFAN has been in operation since 2006, making it one of the longest-standing project preparation facilities working with SMEs in developing country markets. Since 2016, REEEP has been co-hosting the Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) together with UNIDO. PFAN aims to build clean energy markets one business at a time, mitigate climate change and mobilise private investment in support of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the Sustainable Development Goals.
There are many entrepreneurs out there with great ideas for clean energy and climate adaptation projects that are economically viable. However, especially in low- and middle-income countries, the projects and the investment tend to have difficulty finding each other:
PFAN bridges this gap by helping entrepreneurs build their businesses and present them in a language which investors will understand and be interested in and then helps investors to find and recognise the potential of these businesses.
Duration: up to 1 month
• verification of project status and needs
• agree on steps to get the project ready to meet investors
Duration: 1 to 6 months
• Advice on the business model and financing options
• Development or refinement of the financial model, business plan, investor teasers and/or investor pitch deck
Duration: 2 to 4 months
• finalisation of investor presentation
• identifying and enabling targeted investment through introduction and negotiation with investors