As COP28 draws near, we are set to delve into the urgent topic of Africa’s energy transition. REEEP’s Head of Green Banking, Dusko Stjepanovic, is moderating a Reuters Events Energy Transition MENA 2023 panel, ‘Decarbonization & Diversification: Africa’s Energy Transition‘ on 6 December in Dubai.
The susceptibility of Africa to the impacts of climate change has garnered attention, highlighting the need for climate-resilient energy infrastructure and integrated regional planning to ensure energy security. This spotlight session will provide insights into three key areas:
- Unlocking the potential for increased renewable energy consumption across the region and making the most on the rapid competitive growth of new energy solutions
- Improving energy efficiency and decarbonisation in line with nationally determined contributions to climate mitigation
- Catalysing renewables growth guided by advice from the experts working to rewrite North Africa’s energy legacy as they outline challenges and opportunities for a secure and equitable transition
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear and meet from the following esteemed key experts who will share valuable insights on developing a resilient energy sector in Africa:
- Dusko Stjepanovic, Head of Green Banking, REEEP
- Gianpiero Nacci, Director, Sustainable Business & Infrastructure, EBRD
- Mohamed Ismail Mansour, Co-Founder & CEO, Infinity Power
- Cornelius Matthes, CEO, Dii Desert Energy
Engage, Learn, Transform: This is more than a discussion; it’s a call to action for all stakeholders to participate in reshaping Africa’s energy landscape.
Date: Wednesday, 6 December 2023
Time: 11:50 UAE
Location: Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah, Dubai