In REEEP's 5th, 6th and 7th funding rounds, the Government of Italy funded a range of projects targeting the North African region via the Mediterranean Renewable Energy Centre (MEDREC) initiative of the Ministry of Environment and Territory.
- Renewable Energies Cooperation Certificates (RECC)
- Develop Innovative Policy Framework to address barriers to RE & EE deployment in the Mediterranean
- Development of Renewable Heating and Cooling use in the Tertiary sector of Mediterranean countries
- Enabling small-business investments in clean energy in the Mediterranean
- Private-Public Partnership Mezzanine Fund
- ECATS-Energy efficiency Cap and Trade System: designing an institutional framework for Northern Africa