The LEDS in Action side event will highlight low emission development leadership in Africa, Asia and Latin America and the Caribbean and activities of the LEDS Global Partnership (LEDS GP) regional platforms and working groups on finance, benefits assessment, sub-national programs, energy, AFOLU (agriculture, forestry and land use), and transport that are enabling peer learning and technical cooperation across countries and international institutions.
The Side Event will emphasize discussions with the audience to support learning from a diverse group of LEDS stakeholders and to identify key opportunities to enhance these regional and global programs.
- Jane Ebinger, Manager for the Climate Policy and Finance Team, World Bank – LEDS Global Partnership Co-Chair
- Stephen King’uyu, Coordinator Kenya Climate Change Action Plan, Ministry of Environment, Water & National Resources, Government of Kenya – Africa LEDS Partnership Co-Chair, LEDS Global Partnership Co-Chair
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Dieu Trinh, Official, Department of Science, Education, Natural Resources and Environment, Ministry of Planning and Investment, LEDS GP Finance Working Group
- Ali Sheikh, Asia Director, Climate and Development Knowledge Network – Asia LEDS Partnership
- Ana Maria Majano, Associate Director, Latin American Center for Competitiveness and Sustainable Development INCAE Business School – Coordinator LEDS LAC Secretariat
- Benoit Lefevre, Director Energy & Climate, WRI Ross center for sustainable cities, WRI – Transport Working Group
- Nicholas Harrison, Senior Consultant in International Climate Policy Unit, Ecofys – Working Group on Subnational Integration of LEDS
- Ron Benioff, Director, LEDS Global Partnership Secretariat & Working Groups on Energy, AFOLU, and Benefits Assessment and Communications
Date and time: 8 December 2014, 16:00 – 18:00
Shuttles will be available from the COP facilities to the Voces por el Clima. For more information contact:
Caroline Uriarte, LEDS GP Secretariat
Tel: (303) 275-4292
Email: caroline.uriarte [at] nrel.gov
(source: Asia LEDS Partnership Updates)