16-11-2017, 11:30 to 13:00, Bonn, Germany
How can countries use climate finance to transition to low-emission, climate-resilient development pathways? This side event explores what financing paradigm-shifting transformative development looks like in practice, presenting experiences from Namibia, Rwanda and the Beyond the Grid Fund for Zambia.
Three presentations will present concrete, on-the-ground experiences of transformative, resilient development interventions in Namibia, Rwanda and Zambia.
The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion, which will focus on how to finance such interventions, with speakers discussing approaches taken in Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The side event will take place in meeting room 7.
- Namibia – Uazamo Kaura, Project Coordinator, Ministry of Environment and Tourism
- Rwanda – Alex Mulisa, Coordinator, Rwanda Green Fund (FONERWA)
- Zambia – Sabera Khan, Independent Consultant, Beyond the Grid Fund for Zambia, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
- Namibia – Benedict Libanda, Chief Executive Officer, Environmental Investment Fund
- Swaziland – Emmanuel Dlamini, Principal Secretary, Ministry of Tourism and Environmental Affairs
- Zambia – Mainga Luwabelwa, National Coordinator of the National Desigated Authority for the Green Climate Fund
- Zimbabwe – Veronica Jakarasi, Principal Environmental Officer and Deputy Director – Climate Change, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Management